- Master of ArtsMay 2014
- GPA: 4.0
- Focus: Human-Computer Interaction
- Master of Professional Studies May 2009
- GPA 3.83
- Focus: Interaction Design
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering August 2005
- GPA 3.36
- Focus: Computer Science
- Semester Abroad Fall 2004
- Studied Danish language and culture.
- Frontend Software EngineerJul. 2015 – Present
- Member of team that launched SendGrid's popular drag & drop marketing email editor with powerful A/B testing, contact segmentation, and social features. Helped drive the implementation of React & Flux as well as the use of CSS modules across the project.
- Frontend Software EngineerSept. 2014 – Jul. 2015
- Member of team responsible for the front-end development of Spectrum Guide, Charter's new cloud-driven set-top box guide experience.
- User Experience & Frontend Engineering InternJun. 2014 – Aug. 2014
- Collaborating with the Intel Labs Internet of Things group to re-imagine technologies for people with disabilities requiring them to navigate the world through use of a wheelchair. Drawing upon my engineering and design experience to lead UX and technology architecture and implementation.
- Interaction & Experience Research UX Rapid-Prototyping InternJun. 2013 – Aug. 2013
- Worked through fast-paced prototyping sprints with a cross-disciplinary team of designers and researchers to push the boundaries of what user experience might look like in future Intel technologies. Drew on design and programming experience to deliver multiple compelling experiences for team leaders exploring a variety of new research directions.
- Frontend Engineer / UX DesignerJun. 2009 – Oct. 2010 | Feb. 2012 – Jul. 2012
- Responsible for user experience across the Union's website. Focused on creating interfaces for Union members to explore employment data via mapping and Facebook integration.
- Creative TechnologistOct. 2010 – Feb. 2012
- Drawing on my design and development background, I provided digital strategy solutions for the agency's clients while also developing new products within the intellectual property group.
- Frontend Software Engineering Intern Summer 2008
- Designed and implemented an immersive 'Rap Battle' experience for Yahoo's live video and chat web application.
- Software Engineer Sept. 2005 – Aug. 2007
- Integral member of development group merging business critical accounting and natural gas trading systems for the commodities group of a large energy company.
- WWOPS/IT Intern Summer 2002 & Summer 2003
- Led the development and implementation of volume testing scripts for a manufacturing essential application. Designed and created internal website for IIT team.
- Scatter! A Mobile Non-Parallel Multiplayer Exertion GameJune 2013
- One of several papers selected to receive the best workshop position paper distinction at the yearly Interaction Design and Children conference.
- System and Method for AR in Heads up Display for Tracking and Highlighting Information
- Inventors: Group of IXR collaborators at Intel Labs
- SpeakerDecember 2009
- Presented design work on layered browser interfaces, emphasizing how such interfaces provide useful information beyond that obtained through search technologies.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Git, Webpack, Gulp, Docker, Heroku, Jekyll, openFrameworks, Arduino, Processing, Rhinoceros, Wireframing Tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Keynote), Adobe Web Design Suite, Final Cut Pro
- Arizona State University Innovation Challenge Winner, 2014-2015
- Arizona State University Doctoral Enrichment Fellow, 2012-2013
- Kinetic instrument published in Nicolas Collins' book, Handmade Electronic Music, 2009